Thursday 11 February 2010

V FAN FILM

I'm making a attempt to do a promotional short (though really I probably shouldn't have chosen V to do this with probably because the numbers on the fan facebook pages aren't as high as say Star Wars or Batman) if I do a star wars one then the potential publicity factor is huge. The thing is though, I really love V!...I love the idea of the entire thing. I know it sounds like I'm doing it for the wrong reasons...but I'm having a blast here and across the whole of art is important that you have fun whilst you create somthing.

Also...to my knowledge (at least I cant find one on youtube) there has not been a V fan film made. Please if you know of one contact me and show it to me cause I love seeing these things.

I love science fiction and so it really doesn't matter what I work on...(as long as it's science fiction) plus the amount of people who see my work is so very, very tiny that I feel I need to do this.

Here's the first image.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

V sounds a great idea to me. The new show gives it a boost and there's plenty of fans of the original.

Can't wait to see what you come up with :-)

wayfarer said...

I like the image! The new V series isn't too bad but I'd love to see a properly designed fan film based upon the original. :O)

Michael J. Dowswell said...

Thanks you two!

Yes, I’ve been reading some Kenneth Johnson interviews and he apparently has the rights to V the motion picture...and has been trying to get one made. I heard that he’s gonna do it for 50 million...I think this would be really wonderful if it happens and I hope that'll be enough money to get what he wants done...V is such a good story line and I’d love to see what he does for a silver screen version. My short film however is done with no money and it will suffer because of it...but hopefully some folks will enjoy it. I also might be the first to do a fan film which I find interesting too!