Saturday 19 July 2008

THE BIG WIN DIRECTED BY MARC CRASTE

Photobucket

Oh...my...god. I just cant even form sentences as to how extremely good this little animation is. I’ve only JUST found it now and watched it for the first time. I think that’s what happens when you don’t go to the cinema or watch the TV, because this must have been a cinema advert...and dear lord, it must have been incredible to see on the big screen. I’ve just this minute watched it about five times in a row.

You have to write about these things when you see them. I’m always very sceptical when it comes to CG, because I make a big thing of it looking so perfect...I don't have a problem here because the characters are extreamly stylised, and that's where I feel all animation belongs...the whole "lets go for photo realism" has never worked in animation. This piece really looks beautiful and has made full use of the raytracing...this is what its all about. The team has pushed forward on the technical side so that it is on par with the artistic side, a very powerful thing and i think i feel that as a animator myself, I've never come close to being able to make what I want.

The ideas in here are wonderful, the entire concept is first rate and the part where the character turns a mouth from being a unhappy smile to a happy smile on that cousin itt style character was very funny...it is genius.

The song used was excellent, this to me, pushes it forward to be a five star piece...this and the wonderful humour in it...and the fact that its a technical marvel too.

No comments: