Monday 12 October 2009

WHAT HAPPENS DURING METAL MELTDOWN?

Well I tweet a lot. I start to think a lot too...there’s a lot going on in the old brain right now. I seem to want a better camera. But I want to use the camera I’ve already got too...but I would really like to use that place I discovered a while back called Create Space which is a self publishing and distribution place...I’m absolutely fascinated with that idea and it keeps resurfacing in my mind.

I watched a little bit of the first episode of the new Steven Fry documentary too...Last Chance To See its called...its too big a file to download though so had to stop, it looks great though (well editing was a bit too frantic for my tastes if I was to nit pick)...but again there I am greatly inspired by it...it’s a wonderful thing the documentary format. I want to use my camera I have (because the damn thing has hardly been used you know...)...to make a feature docu...but I want to make damn sure it’s a good one...this would be the first time for me to take on a feature, so far its all been shorts…some sort of adventure across Scotland...maps are fascinating things...and you can get a story by just simply starting to walk...It’s a tried and tested idea, but its one that nearly always works.

I also had the idea of doing either a solo debut synthesiser album or book...which I can again use Create Space for self publishing and distribution. If I can get past the horrendous self doubt and actually record some tracks...this MAY be possible. I had a go tonight on the Korg and it wasn't so bad. I think it’s a fairly tangible idea actually. It might be quite experimental...hell it might even be FUN. I’m meant to be getting away from the computer though. Hmm.

No comments: