Tuesday 1 December 2009

FAKING NATURAL DAYLIGHT

Trying to fake natural daylight at nigh time is never easy when you don’t have a budget. I basically have workmens lights that I bought quite a long time ago...a 500 and 250 watt light that cost about £15...I spose really I should buy another set...cause the more you have the better.

Here I did the old trick of turning them around to bounce / diffuse the light. Unfortunately you get into a situation where you have to do severe amounts of colour correction...mind you, this was because I pointing them at my reddish / orange curtains and so that was exacerbating the problem somewhat...but even so, it starts to loose something vital from when you do it with natural real daylight (if you look at the previous post you'll see what I mean). This is a problem if I’m going to make this thing bigger...but doesn’t look bad in black and white.

No comments: