Tuesday 4 August 2009

SLUMS AND ABANDONED CITY

Not to start on a big complaining spree again...but I’m really unsatisfied again. I’m (at the moment) trying to do a very detailed slum, that gradually builds it’s way up into becoming a big city with skyscrapers...this of course is very ambitious...I’ve done cities in the past on various projects and its never easy.

Somebody said after they watched the first bit of While They Slept, that it reminded them of Wall-E...well this next bit is really going to remind them of Wall-E quite a lot!...it's definitely not intentional, I just love to pieces post apocalyptic stuff...always have done. In fact I may have to write about all the post apocalyptic films that ive noticed have suddenly appeared.

Anyway, I’m frustrated with these images, and I don’t know what to do...I hate to not march on and get in a rut again with redoing things over and over. I really want a Hong Kong style slum on steep mountainy type of terain but its quite tricky to do...in a way its times like these that bring out my impatience for the medium. My mind really wanders over into thinking strongly about illustrating it...because I could get want I want...or closer to what I want with illustrated backgrounds.

When it comes down to it though I want miniatures.



No comments: