Tuesday 9 December 2008

THE RED DWARF SERIES ONE INTRO SEQUENCE PART 1 OF 2

I’ve been watching the first series of Red Dwarf again in the small hours of the morning, its been a while since I did that...

NOTE: I didn’t realise that I was in urgent need of some good solid comedy to cheer me up until I sat in front of this. Not that I was particularly down though, its important to add here that I wasn't down...or was I?...but funny things are funny things...and clever comedy that’s well written is always welcome.

...but I’m amazed at how incredibly good the intro sequence is. Had forgotten really...

It’s simply wonderful...for many reasons, the fact that we pull back from a close up of paint on a panel...beautiful, beautiful miniature work...who designed this i dont know exactly...but theres some names here, Alexander Gunn special effects senior technician - Peter Wragg, visual effects designer and Angus Bickerton motion control.

Add to this, that truly great theme tune composed by Howard Goodall.



No comments: