Monday 8 December 2008

A TRIP OUT ACROSS SOUTH WEST SCOTLAND AT NIGHT PART 1

I have to say to check out this mans podcast here

Kens podcast is a really important one, and it does identify and bring to light / remind us...of the whole thing of, lots of stuff in our lives that we sit around and whinge about, that they are indeed mundane. I’m guilty of doing this a lot.

I also didn’t know that Ken is really into the film Alive. I can remember seeing that film a long, long time ago and being utterly blown away by the plane crash scene of how realistic it was...and how we got to see the seats being ripped out and disappearing out into the mountains...and this gets me onto a related story in the next paragraph.

This gets me onto yesterday where I sat in the back of a car being taken to a concert. On the hour and a half / two hour car journey we went past Lockerbie...and like the last time I went to this same concert (a year ago)...as we’re going up the hill you get a really good night-time view of Lockerbie...

NOTE: It’s one of these views where buildings are really quite visibly close to you, a very steep bit of road that goes really high, elevating you up so you see a lot of stuff.

...and you cant help, or at least for me at any rate...I always think of Pan Am Flight 103 and this one horrendous thing (well the whole thing is horendous) that happened where apparently some seats went through somebody's sitting room...but we have very little information on it. My dad says that the people were in their sitting room when it happened, and wikipedia says that Eleven people in Lockerbie, southern Scotland, were killed as large sections of the plane's fuselage fell in and around the town, bringing total fatalities to 270. It always leaves me in total silence.

No comments: