Monday 12 January 2009

THINGS THAT COME BACK TO YOU IN YOUR MEMORY PART 1 OF 7

Playing with my Lego.

Now, this is only something that I’ve suddenly realised as a person going into my late twenties, but, as a kid...well ok...I have to give you some back story here about my life. We lived in Edinburgh until I was eight years old with my sister, who would be seventeen or eighteen at this point, she was given the choice of staying in Edinburgh or coming with us to Dumfries. She decided to stay there and so really, and I have to add here, I don’t remember much about under the age of eight...heck, I don’t remember much in-between the age of eight and sixteen to be honest here...but, I do remember much, much more in that time than below eight time. Anyway so, this kind of made me a only child and, only recently I’ve had this memory of me playing with my lego a lot.

There’s even this memory of a competition I took part in where you had to build your own custom Lego something...and well I had this odd big tub of lots of lego that...well it was never anything too grand I think in this box...some of it quite old stuff. But I think I won first place at this competition and got this really lovely Lego harbour police station with a really cool boat.

I LOVED that Lego harbour police station...What’s odd here is that, now that I’m much older (and having found out I wanted to be a director at about age twenty one)...I'm now at age twenty seven with quite a few animations done... I find myself thinking back to this and how I was directing things even as a kid. But without any thought...all very instinctive...that's how I seemed to become a director too, it just happened. But I remember doing this very thing...boat chases and a story telling that is possibly much better than what I do nowdays. All privately in your bedroom...a bit like theatre really when you think about it...only...not really like a theatre at all...because there was never a audience watching...but what I mean by this is, it was never recorded in any way.

And it makes me feel / realise, that I seemed to have always, been a very introverted person, even to this day.

No comments: