Saturday 17 January 2009

TOP FOUR FAVOURITE POST APOCALYPTIC TV SERIES

I have to give these shows a quick mention...they’re all really great in my opinion.

Survivors (1975-1977)

Honestly think this is my favourite post apocalyptic series. First time I saw this it really sunk into my mind and I remember having a nightmare or two...it really got the old brain thinking a lot. Great characters and very well made series.

The Day of the Triffids (1981)

Just saw this recently, and really liked it a lot, very well made...if you like the 1975 Survivors you will also like this....because to be honest here, it's very simalar...there really isn't much in the way of the plants attacking people here...but you know, it does pop up every now and again.

Jericho (2006)

Jericho gets better and better as you watch it. It's got a nice balance with lots of different genres going on and is never dull...likable characters.

The Day After (1983)

This one's the full on serious one, thats really quite intence. Very well made though with the realism...it shows what would happen if you were caught in the fallout areas of the nuclear bombs.

MORE POST APOCALYPTIC TV SHOWS THAT I WILL PROBABLY CHECK OUT

I do want to check out a whole bunch more...The Stand and Jeremiah possibly being the two I would seek out, but I have no idea what those two are actually like.

Lord knows when I’ll get to see these two.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am watching Threads as I type this. I recommend it I think you'll like it. It's British, set in Sheffield, starts 3 months before the bombs drop and pulls no punches in depicting the aftermath.

Michael J. Dowswell said...

Hey mekka...thanks for that, had not heard of that one at all...it sounds very, very interesting with it being documentary style.