Thursday 15 January 2009

THINGS THAT COME BACK TO YOU IN YOUR MEMORY PART 2 OF 7

A memory that’s been keeping up the old surfacing to current thought...is this one of me at art school, in 1997...I’m sat there in the figure life room with lots of artists easels during a class, and I cant remember exactly what it was we were painting...but the lecturer for this class suddenly turns to me, and has this sort of odd manner about his voice...and simply says...“is this your handwriting?” he seemed to be very taken by it...or it interesting him in some way...and a niggling regret of mine is, that I don’t think (or at least I cant remember) I ever asked him back, what had got him so interested about it. I was only sixteen or seventeen though at the time. But, I sure would like to know why he said that.

All I really remember is the question and the look on his face...I mean honestly, it was almost a bit like he'd seen a ghost from what I can remember, the feeling at the time, which is now inside my head, processed, into my late twenties mind.

If we could go back in time here to this moment, and I'm now a far more direct person...I would certainly ask what it was all about.

Recently a friend commented on my handwriting saying it was very neat. and i think I'm going to remember that too.

No comments: