Thursday 21 May 2009

A CLIP FROM THE PILOT

Yes!...just when you were least expecting it, right?...well Steve Ogden's correct!, you think a persons working on somthing, and they're actually working on somthing else.

Well, things are a bit all over the place at the moment here!...I just wander across all the projects diving into bits and pieces here and there...this actually started off on the Korg, because I'd not had a tinkle on the Korg in ages, and so activated the beast, and that was a lot of fun, then I wanted to put animation to the music...which was even more fun. ive be redoing other stuff too...i re did the first shot for Rocket-man 2: part 1 and I also worked on the space fighter for While They Slept and rendered out a shot for that too.

But here is The Pilot clip.

The Pilot - Intro - Work In Progress from Michael J. Dowswell on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

D'oh! Just like Mr Ogden's unfinished trailer, this stopped just when I was getting into it!

But from what I saw - I LOVE this opening, Mike. I love the use of tonality. It reminded me in part of "Le Planet Savage" for a bit (the grass looked almost sketched, like in a limited animation). Then the drain first looks like a building in the distance against a burnt-sepia sky... but when we zoom in, the grass passes us by in 3D, and the "building" turns out to be a drain in a wall. I absolutely love that sort of thing. I cannot wait to see more torpedo-shaped wobbly robots.

Michael J. Dowswell said...

Thanks Paul!...glad you enjoyed it!...

...Wow...I hadn’t heard of that film!...just saw nearly nine minutes (first nine minutes of it)...blimey!...incredibly clever the way it swaps over from the women and baby running around to the giant blue aliens with the scary eyes!...also stuffed full of all kinds of metaphors!

Yeah I definitely have a thing for drains in walls and mine entrances...and tunnels, for some reason!

Unknown said...

Count me as excited and impressed with this clip!

The lighting in it is awesome, but the thing I absolutely love is the plant we go by at the start. That shot reminded me so much of the great "depth" shots used in 2D animated films (the exact name is escaping me for some reason right now). I'm not sure if you intended that or not, but it really worked for me and set a great tone.

Unknown said...

It looks great Mike. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Michael J. Dowswell said...

Thanks you two!

Yeah that opening shot, I did two of them, one where the camera went through some rocks before going through the drain…and the first one (through the long grass) which is what I went back to...the rocks one was just nowhere near as good...the grass one is much more involved and really fills up the interest of the shot.