Wednesday 8 April 2009

MY WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE STORY

This was a odd one.

I being me...ever since the year 2000, when I discovered the apple trailers page at college (bit of a nostalgic thought there) I was instantly hooked at viewing movie trailers (it’s a wonderful place)...and so anything that looks like animation or science fiction live action...or fantasy live action...or documentary, and I'll be wanting to see the trailer straight away...anyway...I sit there watching the Where The Wild Things Are trailer...and the final thought with me is this.

“Ok, that was odd”

So a couple of weeks go past (or days) and discover through a friend of mine that it was a short story (or a kids picture book, or maybe not?) and he sends me the link to somebody reading the story with illustrations on youtube. I then bookmark it (but don’t watch it until today)

here it is...



I then, also discover that the big film discovered at apple...is, directed by Spike Jonze (bizarrely here) who directed one of my all time top two favourite films (and I’m completely serious here about that, I freaking love Adaptation)

So I’m sitting there watching this thing (the narrated illustration thing above) thinking this...

“hehe, this is pretty funny stuff...the illustrations are pretty amusing...hey, this thing is great, isn't it!”

THEN - I go back to see the trailer...because I now know what the thing is about (which makes the trailer for the feature film (if it’s a feature film?)far more interesting because I know what’s going on!...And I’m then left thinking this...

“If this is a feature film, how on earth are they going to pan this all out?...and surely this could flip either way...it could be a disaster...what amused me so much in the illustrations I think was the boys expression as he’s grinning his entire way through the story...and that’s not really here in this trailer”

Now for obvious reasons here we have to wait and see...and the movie does look nice. I hope it’s great, I really do.

No comments: