Wednesday 29 April 2009

Photobucket

TWITTER = ?
TWEET = a message of 140 characters and no more
TWIBE = a group of people

So what is Twitter?...It's almost like a big massive social experiment in peoples behaviour, but then, isn’t everything?

Some people tweet what their eating or what they are about to do, some people keep it very much to just plugging their work...a sort of a constant advertising. I myself entered into it by ways of internet friends and liked to see / get news on when the radio people at simply syndicated were going to go live for a show.

Twitter is very dual purpose. It can be used to instant message each other (which some people do a lot of, and some people don’t do much of at all)

I have been so surprised about three or four times now by how it can be used to direct people to something, it can get very interesting very fast. Here’s a list, they are listed below with numbers next to them.

1) I happened to see a three hour live (very low budget) chat show that was absolutely great...just by seeing a tweet and clicking on a link. It was a Levar Burton tweet. He was a guest on the show and was tweeting about it at the time.

2) It led me to Robert Llewellyn’s Carpool show, now this thing really does have no budget and I have to add is extremely good.

3) I joined a Twibe for Cinema 4D (a Twibe is a group) (also while we’re at it, a Tweet, is a message) and then I was presumably kicked out / thrown out of the Twibe...now I don’t know why this happened, but I think it was something to do with my silly tweets on my own personal main page...nothing really to do with the group...I suspect, I was checked out by the admin and he thought I was a fool. So all of this was very self reflecting...I felt very stupid...but the thing is why shouldn't I talk freely and honestly on my personal twitter page...it's just who I am.

4) It’s led to communication with some interesting people / continues to surprise me with the people who use it.

5) If your very isolated like I am, Twitter has kind of helped to deal with the isolation. Well that’s not strictly true, I'm not what I would call truly isolated...I have interaction with my mother and father every day, I live with those two people and so that’s not true isolation. I also go to a physiotherapist / spine expert once a week for a hour, and so that again is interaction (that’s a recent thing mind you)

No comments: