Sunday 21 June 2009

A REDESIGN OF THE CANON

Well for a while now I’ve looked at the first design and its not quite sat right with me. It’s that age old problem for me which was uncannily similar to something Steve Ogden wrote about...how he was torn between wanting something that was heavily stylised and wanting something that was more akin to say Alien or 2001.

I know exactly what he means on all of that stuff. As a director you want and pine for detail...huge amounts of detail that give the viewer something to really chew on...and one of the points raised with my continued analysis of why Alien is so great...is that the detail is so high, and design work so great... that everytime you watch it you notice some more interesting shapes.

And I was starting to look at my canon design and thought that well...everything else was more leaning towards the other...byt this I mean that the ships and bridge were less stylised...and the double sphere design was sticking out. These two things were possibly clashing with each other...wiether I’m right about this or not I cant be sure, I need to see how this goes next, but here’s a look. the redesigned canon sympathies with the tooth, I’ve just had a lot of dentistry done / problems...bloody annoying business!



No comments: