Friday 5 June 2009

WHO AM I?...WHAT I AM?

You know the thing where your in a situation of meeting a new person, and they ask you the question...yep that question about what is it you do?…and you have to give them some kind of a answer?

What exactly am I?…aspiring director?...yes...no budget filmmaker?…yes….working director?...no...but that means working in the sense of money being generated by it...paid director would be a better way to phrase that....paid director...no. Working everyday of my life on films?...yes...complete and total control on all elements of your film?...yes and no...happy?...yes and no.

What is it you do?..."well, I’ve been working in my parents house in my bedroom on films for six years and have no income and have never had any income"...at which point the person usually looks at me and doesn’t say anything. But this provides me with a huge doubt problem...if I try and go for some kind of a job...what is the company at the other end going to say about all of this?...I mean I literally have nothing on my CV aka Resume that’s work that has been done for the industry...this makes me a bit apprehensive about emailing a company like Studio Aka...BUT, there must have to be a point in everybody's career where a company took let the person with no industry experience jump on in and do something. So I probably shouldn’t worry about it all.

No comments: