Saturday 11 July 2009

ERRANS RUBER AT A BETTER QUALITY FOR INTERNET VIEWING

I couldnt help but notice that the quality on the compression has been greatly improved over at Youtube.com and so had to upload this.

NOTE: Bare in mind that what you are about to see is old work made in 2005...it's version 2 of Errans Ruber. Version 3 is going to be much better...because I have changed the speed of the music back to being slower again (like it was in version 1). I’ve changed as a director (as you do)...and it's very interesting to look back on this. I think the idea I came up with on this short is one of my better ideas.



I can show you some stuff from how things went afterwards. A change of lighting here...(removal of the soft fuzzy look (I was really into the soft fuzzy look which was not good) and also my work suffered from some Michael Bay problem of the camera constantly moving round things.) This is my fault...at the time I believed that there was no point in having the camera still...it seemed crazy to be able to do anything with the camera and not use that ability...also, things looked quite static because there was no character animation...so I ended up swooping a lot.

I am in no way condemning Michael Bay here, a lot of people out there love Michael bay films and that is great...peope have different tastes and he does have his distinctive style, which is swooping and fast edits.

No comments: