Thursday 22 February 2007

The frustration in my mind I have with CG

I said to a good friend of mine a while back...that “this was it, that’s me finished with animation...no more, I quit”...lol. And I was at the time and still am today, sometimes quite passionate about that. Forever is a long time though.

The pull factor of CG is the fact that it doesn’t cost any money, you can do anything you want with the camera. This has always sucked me in.

BUT…I HAD, to go back to Erráns Alba though, because I had done SO much hard work in 2005 on it. Its not good to leave something like that unfinished, and for all its faults, its got some nice things that I’m happy with going on in it. But one thing that haunts me is how I’m constantly compromising the story for my film. Its upsetting because the STORY is the MOST important thing, and it’s the story that’s constantly being altered because of various technical difficulties...you should never ever be concentrating 100% of your effort on cinematography (guilty of doing it a lot).

Bus Uncle

This film on youtube is the proof that something with bad quality image and bad quality sound can still be classically entertaining and funny...I mean seven minutes is a long time to keep a audiences attention...and it really DOES keep your attention. Its amazing this, shot on a mobile phone, and all in subtitles...it’s a strikingly good example of how content or story shines through bad sound and picture quality.

No comments: