Monday 24 November 2008

AND HERE’S HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE NEW REMAKE OF SURVIVORS, OR IS THAT A REBOOT?

Can watch it [here]

And, incredibly...absolutely incredibly, it DIDN’T SUCK...ok, well bits of it did. But this was a surprisingly good effort. I’m so shocked and so happy that it was actually pretty good!

It’s definitely a bit of both...both remake and reboot...which was surprising...it definitely had some problems about it at times, but I seemed to forgive some of those...I think unfortunetly it got speeded up a bit at the end though, which I didn’t really forgive...suddenly they all met up really fast and was a bit miffed about that...but some interesting situations to be seen here. I find Survivors or just post-apocalyptic stories in general to be a fascinating situation to throw people into. And the fact that its a TV series, well I dont know of any other TV series that have taken on that story.

The positive here was that, the dead bodies and peoples reactions to that...the acting was really pretty good on that stuff, but, bare in mind I thought it this would be horrendously bad...so maybe there’s just a sort of “oh” thing going on over here about it all. But the thing was, this was pretty entertaining TV.

PROS:

-Its entertaining television and I feel has a piece of the spirit of the original.

-a good cast.

-It's very nicely shot, the colours are there, unlike many a modern film or TV series which has been made blue tinted...or yellow tinted.

-Some of it was pretty dark stuff.

CONS:

-Music is a bit over the top at times, its too much. I don’t want to dare tell another person how to be creative though, when the music was working it was really nice...but it got a tad too much at times for me.

-One of the action scenes was very badly edited.

-Not enough dark stuff, would have liked it to be a bit bolder and a bit more realistic.

-There should have been the occasional abandoned vehicle on the roads on the arial photography stuff.

-It looks like its been contrasted up in post production, which is somthing I'm not too keen on.

No comments: