Wednesday 26 November 2008

SECOND EPISODE OF SURVIVORS REMAKE

Photobucket

Well...I’m finding all of this quite hard to review because I know the original inside out. This second episode of the remake is a odd thing because its merged together two stories from the original...I cant help but feel this episode was a bit speedy. It needed to take it's time a bit more I think...but as I say, I’m very fond of the original and seeing what you allready know being done in a really speedy fashion is very frustrating, and also theres a less seriousness to it I feel...but, perhaps the seriousness of the situation will come later...or perhaps its meant to be mordern people reacting differently to it here in 2008...we do get Anya though who in the pilot seemed to know the seriousness of the situation and had that hysteria outburst in the walk in cupboard...I keep reading this is based on Terry Nations Book of Survivors which is different to the original.

...the editing on this episode was way too quick for me. I’m a huge fan of long takes, and that interfered with my enjoyment on it too...that’s something that I shouldn’t let bother me but it does.

All this aside, I still think it's good entertainment (and putting out a lot of extremely interesting topics which Survivors always does...that’s one of the things I love about it)

Very nicely shot too, the compositions are really good, some wonderful wide shots in here, surprisingly good.

Am still really keen to see more, and that’s always a good sign... one of the things about it is that its really short, and its sad that its first series is only stretching out to six parts. Hopefully series two will be longer, or hopefully they haven’t gone too far into it by the time we get to the end of series one.

SUPPLEMENTAL: There does seem to be a blue tint on quite a few of these shots in this new series.

Photobucket

No comments: