Wednesday 19 November 2008

SURVIVORS HAS BEEN REDONE

Photobucket

Ok ok, this ones a biggy (wouldn’t be writing about it if it wasn’t)...Survivors - TV series 1975-1977 created by Terry Nation is one of the my favouritetist things ever. And here I find that it’s been remade...re-imagined?, ok lets just say rebooted. Its been rebooted and will be first broadcast on Sunday 23rd November 2008...this left me somewhat speechless and now I’m in a odd place of being tremendously excited but also immensely worried at the same time. The 1975-1977 show is INCREDIBLE and it is so good, that when you see it for the first time, it literally signs itself into a bedroom in your head, and sets up as a permanent resident in there. This resident is going to stay there until the hotel body dies.

It makes you THINK. I found myself having a couple of nightmares because of this TV series, its concept is simple and yet so relevant to today. It’s a very powerful series and shakes you to the core.

Now in 2008 we’re seeing a new version about to arrive, I wont...well, I wont write anything much about that until I see the full thing, but the trailer for it was a bit naff, however, I saw a nine minute making of thing that seemed to be ok. I just don’t have much faith though that this will be as beautifully made as the original (but by all means prove me wrong and surprise me on Sunday 23rd...yes please!!) the original is stunning with nice long takes, fantastic editing and a real atmosphere to it that is hard to explain.

The question is, have the new filmmakers poured beef soup into the engine?

No comments: