Saturday 22 November 2008

DUG OUT ANOTHER ONE, I'M OFFICIALLY ADDICTED

Continuing my digging out of episodes I found a whole stash more orriginal trek, I’ll definitely be watching it all I think, so I continued to view them, it was very late at night now so I only managed to fit one more in.

Balance of Terror

Written by Paul Schneider and directed by Vincent McEveety. Really liked some of the stuff in here too, the view screen conversation with the federation outpost I loved, I don’t know but that’s always been one of my favourite things about Star Trek...when they get the distress call and then we see the damage at the other end.

This episode is slightly like The Wrath of Khan at times too, but Mark Lenard is very much the opposite of Ricardo Montalbán, hes a fairly calm commander (or at least I think he was, maybe need to watch this again) and Khan was of course somebody who got angry very quickly.

It is like a submarine film and I'm just reading now about a film called The Enemy Below which they seem to reckon is very simalar to this.

No comments: