Friday 14 November 2008

YOUTUBE

It struck me the other day, what a truly wonderful thing youtube is. A friend of mine informed me about this video (7,884,155 views) of a kid at Christmas opening up his Nintendo 64 and going through the roof with hysteria. It’s a incredible video and I bet the people at Nintendo love it. It goes into slow motion at times and repeats the moment, so I’m guessing that’s not the original video. But I’m guessing it's one of these really famous videos that has spawned lots of people doing remix and so on...that in itself is a fascinating thing.



The search bar at top of Youtube is extremely efficient / well programmed thing...and the sheer amount of stuff people have uploaded is simply staggering. I always seem to be able to get hold of the thing I’m thinking of.

Another wonderful part to all this, is peoples favourites page(s). This is like looking through somebody's DVD collection...so you've found somebody who likes the same kind of stuff you like, and then off you go diving into their collection to see what they have. On doing this I discovered another stupendous video (5,010,893 Views) of this american show about this couple who discovered this stray kitten going around with a crow. The crow was being a mother to the kitten and the video is incredible.



Youtube IS a incredible thing and I’m very grateful for its existence.

No comments: