Saturday 21 November 2009

GOING TO DO ANOTHER MINIATURE

I’m currently working on my third miniature which is about ten feet by ten feet...In the past (and I can't believe it was exactly 10 years ago now) I made my first miniature set...it was a planet surface and sadly no photos were taken of the damned thing although I did strangely sit there and did a drawing of it...and I have that drawing...I know, strange?...well its been a very strange life. I then in February 2006 did another miniature...it was a sort of inspired I suppose by Cairn Holy which is a place I love. I sprayed water on it this time round and have some photos of it. I learned a lot again...and really did want to expand it (it was very small) but sadly it had to be taken down.

This is my 2006 attempt here...which was unfinished and had to be taken down.



I actually wanted this to be much, bigger and have trees...there was also problems with the soil being too big...but I have that under control this time...you learn a lot with each attempt. It's also wonderfully exciting to work on something that you can shape with your hands and bring rocks in...and sprinkle finely sieved dirt ontop of the larger rocks.

No comments: