Saturday 14 November 2009

I conceptually design everything in my animations and so I take a great interest in interior set design in films and TV. I’m not a huge Doctor Who fan and never really have been...Or...perhaps I am huge doctor who fan who just gets disappointed a lot...that might be it...but, whatever the case may be, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love to look and follow...and get genuinely excited when a bran new interior design for the Tardis arrives. It's always very interesting.

To be honest I’ve always seen huge, huge potential with Doctor Who and I actually do love some of it...but I’ve felt there’s been a lot of lost opportunities with it...and that its track record has been rocky. I did however like the Easter Special in 2009...and felt that the Paul McGann one in 1998 was not bad...and how can you not love Tom Baker, John Pertwee and Roger Delgado...and then there was that crush on a few of his assistants like Katy Manning.

Anyway the word on the street is / was that with the new series in 2010 there is going to be a new Tardis interior. So I set out trying to find photos of it and then found this...

Photobucket

...which isn’t from the new Doctor Who at all...but for a moment I thought it was and got very excited...I have to say this is a lovely bit of design work...and i look forward to seeing the new one...there are some images out there for it, but they're very blury and we can hardly see anything.

No comments: