Saturday 28 November 2009

WHILE THEY SLEPT ALTERATIONS

Theres a whole load of things going on over here at the moment...one of which is some redo's on scenes ive been doing for my animation While They Slept.

Here's one of them...




Obviously its not finished yet...and this isn’t even the final lighting...but it’s a scene I’ve never been happy with at all...so started a big redesign. I’ve recently been like a priest who's had reoccuring doubts about the existence of god...only my doubts aren’t about god, but are about CG...you see I have some major problems about CG...but I cant help but feel that things need to be completed...and that While They Slept could be used like a animatic or at least record of the designs and edit...I think I’ve said this before...but, it could be used like that...you have to understand that I’m not happy with it as a final product...I want it remade with miniatures...

...like this here...



My hopes and dreams are large...perhaps they are too large?...but I know that miniatures are the way I want to go...and that I want to my films to go to 35mm celluloid or even 70mm celluloid...this is the part where I’m saying that it’s a very big dream...I want to ideally hire Steve Howarth to do miniature models and do it all at Shepperton Studios...its (i'd imagine) ridiculously expencive, and how I get to that stage I have no idea...I'm actually still too scared to even email Steve Howarth!...which is somthing I need to get past!...but its alarming how self doubt can take over fast...because I supose really I'm a man who is not part of the industry and never has been...I'm going to need producers, executive producers and lots of other people...and so I dont want to contact him with it leading to lots of questions I can't give solid, positive, sensible and no nonsense answers to...I want the thing to sound that it's very serious and that it IS going to happen.

All of this has me wanting to have a stab at it myself...which I've been doing but not quite on a level that i'm happy with...I'm doing it all on a no budget level at the moment...more in the next post.

No comments: