Monday 16 November 2009

YOUTUBE IS GOING 1080p

I’m just amazed at how fast things like this are actually happening...It’s a historic moment.

I’ve been rendering my animation Saturn 7 in 720p...but now, I’m changing my mind and going to step it up to 1080p (it’s rendering a shot right now...)...I’ve been working away recently to try and get the render times down and have succeeded.

The problem now of course (and always has been) is getting a audience. But think of it like this...if I ever send something to a company, they can sit there and watch it in 1080p on their big screen or cinema...that is an amazing thing.

For a long time all we could upload was something at 320x240...i rememeber those days well...though they are quite a while back now....but now we are crossing into a new era...we can now right this minute...upload, something at 1920x817...that is just staggering.

No comments: