Tuesday 17 November 2009

THE REALISATION THAT YOU HAVE BEEN BULLSHITTED TO FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE PART 2 OF 2

Yeah...another one was somebody saying to me that in order to enjoy making a film it has to be a collaboration and that it should not be done alone. Ok, well how the FUCK does that explain me then?...I have had some wonderful times on my own out there filming in the snow...filming in wild fields...and editing it all on my own too. I’m sorry but that kind of thing is poison being poured into a ear. There is nothing wrong with making films on your own...and I am extremely proud of the four silent documentaries I’ve made...sort of...I just wish they were on 35mm because they deserve to be.

NOTE #01: Sorry about the swearing...don’t take it too seriously.

NOTE #02: I do understand what the person is saying though...I don’t endorse complete daily isolation although some people sadly (and I do feel sorry for these people) have to live on their own. I’ve made a film once with a team...and it was highly, highly enjoyable and extremely memorable...I do kind of miss that...though at the same time was quite frustrating. Yep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do it your way. The results speak for themselves. In time, they'll just become another example of how this notion is not always correct. I'm fascinated by your films and animations. Do whatever it is to keep making them.