Saturday 28 November 2009

I'M BACK TO THE BLOG

Need to keep this blog going I think...kind of lost the will to live for a while there...it’s a long story but coping devices kicked in (as they always do) and now I’m a bit more relaxed and rational...I get very on edge about things and then it gets ironed out….you just gotto be grateful for life...I;m not living in a war zone...I’m not a homeless child on the streets of Moscow...I am very lucky to be living in a peaceful land with a roof over my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living in a country where it is relatively peaceful sometimes makes us numb to life. I know exactly what you mean. However this peace was hard won, those days are long forgotten, and at times, you may feel that the humdrum plod of days is all there is. I sometimes hear the voice of an old man yell from his armchair in the back of my head, "What we need is a war!" and on long, dark tea times of the soul, I occasionally agree, if only to shake us into knowing that life is a struggle for most.

But yes, having something to live for is important. If anything, this blog has connected you to a larger world - intentionally or not, and know there are folks out there who are watching you create.

That's no small or trivial thing, Mike! Keep alive, keep going. We need you around. :)

Michael J. Dowswell said...

:)

Yes, I forget about it if I don't tune into the news or read about whats going on in the world. I'm far, far too quick to complain about my situation...and my situation is much better than a lot of other peoples.